Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hot Yoga

This past week, I went into the yoga studio I go to and my normal instructor wasn't there because there was a workshop that night at the same time (and there is only one yoga room). I usually take slow flow yoga, so hot yoga was new to me. *Be mindful, I just started yoga a few weeks ago* The person teaching this yoga class said I could go into this class if I wanted to, that if I could handle the other instructor, then I could handle this class. So, I went in there thinking I can do this. During the class, we were doing all types of poses that I had never heard of before so I had to keep looking around to see which ways to turn and what not. After a couple of times though, I got the hang of it and I thought oh this is nice. Then, we started doing harder things and trying to get into poses that my body just isn't ready for yet so I had to modify them, which isn't bad as there wasn't many people in the class, that it allowed for the instructor to come and correct you if you are doing something wrong or needed modifications. In the end though, I made it through and that was huge for me because after the class I was SO tired, sore, and sweaty. Although, the sweat was different than normal work-out sweat, it's really hard to explain. I felt so stretched and relaxed afterwards though that I would definitely do it again. So anyone who is wanting to try out yoga or hot yoga for the first time, I encourage you to do it, especially if you live a busy and stressful life. It will put your mind and body at ease and give you strength and balance that you never knew you had. 


This is the class I took and the description of it, it was amazing yet difficult at the same time. Don't let any of this discourage you from going to hot yoga though, it is an amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone interested in yoga. 
Purify the body and mind in this warm vinyasa flow. The instructor will lead us through sun salutations and poses designed to flush out toxins that have been stored in the body’s tissue, allowing for a deeper sense of purification and renewal. Within the context of a specifically designed series of postures that stimulates the digestive, circulatory, and lymphatic systems we will cleanse, purify, rejuvenate and restore from the inside out. The room is heated to encourage sweat and pliability. Build strength, improve focus and flexibility, while removing tension and flushing toxins. Experience deep relaxation as she guides us through a blissful guided meditation. Good for body, mind and spirit. 


If I can do this, you can to! 
-Believe in yourself because if you don't nobody else will <3

No comments:

Post a Comment